Friday, December 11, 2009

Instinctive Appeal

I wish I paid attention to the photographers more when I flip through the pages of fashion magazines or the e-pages of fashion blogs.

Photography as an art form is still all about instinct. Everyone can do it; not everyone can do it well. A recognized set of aesthetics has yet to be developed, which makes it that much harder to master the art. It's first about who's taking the photo, then what is being photographed.

Craig McDean caught my eye recently, and ever since, he has been omnipresent. His photos always appeal to me, although I don't always agree with the photographed subject or the theme. I just know I like him.

Wouldn't it be nice if everything were that simple? It would save us a lot of essay writing.



Natasha Poly


Coco Rocha


Kate Moss


Mary-Kate Olsen


Italian Vogue


W Mag


Gisele Bundchen


Another Mag

I like Mocha, knitwear, gray-turquoise, fast talkers, tree branches.
I like slightly soothing, slightly foreboding songs.


1 comment:

  1. i love natasha poly and mk and ashley olsen oh! and kate moss :) and i love you anitaaar

    ReplyDelete